Home >> Job interview >> Possible questions for the job interview
Possible questions for the job interview
There aren’t two identical job interviews. Each interviewer has a unique way to get to know the candidate, methods and strategies to find out which one is right for the position. That’s why it’s really difficult to know what the interview will be like and get ready for it.
However, from our website we can offer you a short guide with frequent doubts and questions. Answering them will help you get to know yourself better and face the interview with more confidence.
- Tell me about yourself
- Tell me an anecdote of your life where you succesfully solved a problem
- What does the company win by hiring you instead of anyone else? What can you offer?
- If you were in charge of this selection and I was the candidate, what are the skills you’d like me to have?
- Do you like working with people or by yourself?
- Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Why?
- What was the most important decision you made in the past?
- Define yourself in 5 adjectives and explain your choice.
- What have you learned from your mistakes?
- Do you finish what you start?
- If all jobs had the same salary and status, what would you really like to do?
- Describe your set of values
- What kind of people drive you crazy?
- Do you sleep well?
- How do you usually react to hierarchy in a job?
- How do you enter a working team?
- What do you think I think of you after this interview?
- Why did you study Architecture, Business…?
- How did you decide to start studying? What other careers seemed interesting to you?
- Which was the biggest influence at the time of choosing?
- What were your favourite/least favourite subjects and in which of them did you get the best/worst grades?
- In what way do your grades reflect your personal effort or your intelligence?
- What are the changes you’d have made in your University’s studies, if you could have?
- What was the most gratifying experience of your life as a student?
- Are you planning on continuing your studies in any way?
- If you were to go back and start your studies again, what would you do differently?
- In other studies, what seminars and courses have you attended? What drove you to them?
- Did you have any important position during your career?
- Tell me about your activities apart from your studies
- Did you work as a freelancer? (classes, summer jobs, student practice…)
- What have you learnt from previous jobs? What were your main tasks? How much did you earn?
- Were you supposed to supervise someone else’s work?
- Which one of your previous jobs did you like the most/least and why?
- What’s your most creative project?
- How did you get along with your partners, bosses and subordinates? What was the most unpleasant situation you’ve faced and how did you manage to solve it?
- Describe the best boss you’ve had. And the worst
- Describe a typical day in your previous job
- How did you get that job?
- What do you know about our company?
- What do you like about it?
- What kind of job environment do you prefer?
- Do you prefer a job that’s changing or predictable?
- What do you think the relations should be between a boss and a subordinate?
- Would you be willing to move to a different city, country, or travel frequently?
- Do you have any geographical preferences?
- What do you think may be the most difficult thing for you when changing studies for work?
- What area (marketing, financial, commerce) attracts you the most?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses for this position?
- Where do you see yourself in five, ten years?
- What are your long-term goals? How do you think you’ll achieve them?
- How did you find out about this job?
- Why do you think you’ll be succesful at it?
- What kind of boss would you like to work with?
- And what kind of boss do you think you’ll end up working for?
- Would you be willing to attend a course in charge of the company before being hired?
- How much do you want to earn per hour? (And in 5 years?)
- Do you prefer working for a big, small, public, private… company? Why?
- Do you like a job that’s predictable, where you know the time you start and finish working or do you prefer a job where you don’t know exactly what you’ll do the next day?
- When could you start working?
- Who can give us references and recommendations from your previous jobs?
- Are you part of any other selection process?