Home >> Cover letter >> Writing advice
The cover letter is as important as the CV. It’ll tell the employer about us, so we must pay special attention and not only be careful about what’s in it or not but also the way we write it.
Here you’ve got some advice to help you:
- Write clearly and briefly, it’s better to use simple, shorter sentences than round-about, over-elaborated phrases.
- Use short paragraphs and lots of verbs.
- Use a professional, respectful tone.
- Don’t use rhetorical questions.
- Be positive, let your optimism show in your words, but avoid colloquial language.
- Avoid sentences looking for reactions like pity.
- Describe your skills, abilities and achievements without sounding pedantic.
- Don’t repeat things they can see in your CV but emphasize what you find most important.