Home >> Cover letter >> Careful presentation
The look of the cover letter or the CV is as important as the content. Keep in mind, when selecting candidates for a position, first impression is really important. Employers have little time for your CV or letter, so they should be attractive and professional.
Here’s some advice for your letter’s presentation:
- It shouldn’t be more than 1 page long.
- Use good quality, standard paper.
- Always send original papers, never photocopies.
- Pay attention to both the letter and the envelope. On the envelope, write the information clearly. Remember the name and address should be identical to those in the letter.
- Although usually the cover letter is written on the computer, some enterprises could ask you for a hand-written one. In this case, follow this advice:
- Make sure your writing is straight.
- Use a black or blue fountain pen instead of a ballpoint one. Leave margins and spaces.
- Finish with your usual signature.