Home >> Looking for a job, Useful Information >> Working shifts
There are different working shifts, these are some of them:
- Reduced working day – Summer shift: During the Summer, some companies may reduce working time and full time workers may change their 8h shift to a 6h one.
- Split shift: When in the middle of the day, you stop for at least an hour, usually for lunch.
- Three-shift system: When employees cover a day’s work with teams working during the morning, afternoon or night, usually in companies where the activity can’t be stopped.
- Night shift: When employees work between 10pm and 6am.
- Extra hours or overtime: When employees work more hours than they should by law, it’s called overtime.