Home >> Useful Information >> The cover letter in the US
The cover letter in the US
- The American cover letter or “application letter” should be brief and written in a professional way.
- As a general rule, we start with “Dear Mr. / Ms. X” if you know who the letter is addressed to, and end with “Yours sincerely”.
- On the contrary, if you don’t know who you’re writing to, you’ll start with “Dear Sir/Madam,” and end the letter with “Yours faithfully”.
- It’s common to mention the salary you expect to earn.
- Don’t forget to include your contact number in the last paragraph of the letter.